McKinney ISD

New Kinder - 12th grade students - register at campuses beginning July 19th. High school and middle school registration is by appointment. Prior to visiting the campus, it is recommended that parents complete the online registration forms for each new student. Click here for more information about new student registration.

Returning student registration information will be emailed to parents of individual students the week of June 7th with a unique snap code that is needed to begin the online registration process for that student. Note: Parents may not receive snap codes for all of their students at the same time. Click here for more information about returning student registration.

Administrative Office Summer Hours: Beginning Monday, May 24, through Friday, July 30, McKinney ISD administrative offices will be open Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Offices will be closed on Fridays during this time.


Free & Reduced Meals

Schools are required to serve meals at no charge to children whose household income is at or below 130 percent of the Federal poverty guidelines. Children are entitled to pay a reduced price (a maximum of 40 cents for lunch, 30 cents for breakfast and 15 cents for a snack) if their household income is above 130 percent but at or below 185 percent of these guidelines. Children are automatically eligible for free school meals if their household receives food stamps, benefits under the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations or, in most cases, benefits under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.

Free and reduced price meal applications will be distributed to all students on the first day of school. If you have any questions please call 469-302-6363.

Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)

P-EBT is for children 5-18 years old who received SNAP food benefits for the month of March 2020 and children up to 21 years old who are certified for free or reduced-price meals at school in Texas during the 2019-20 school year. Children that attend a school that offers free meals to all students (Community Eligibility Provision or Provision 2) are also eligible.

Please Note: The P-EBT program has been extended until August 21. Families who have not applied for the P-EBT benefit already now have until then to apply for benefits.

Free & Reduced Meal FAQs

Is there an online free and reduced application?
Yes, in addition to usually faster processing, the online application allows you to fill out the form anywhere you have internet access, and is even mobile-friendly. To access the application, click here:

Are there alternatives to the online application?
Yes, paper applications are also available also at the following locations: each school’s front office, each school’s cafeteria, or the MISD food service office (510 Heard Street, McKinney, TX 75069). The paper application can be turned back in at any of those locations as well.

Parents can also call the School Nutrition office at 469-302-6363 and request an application be mailed to your home.

How will I know if my free and reduced price meal application was approved?
Parents will receive a letter by email notifying them of the application outcome.  If an email was not provided, a letter will be mailed to the address given on the application.

How long does it take for applications to be processed?
McKinney ISD has up to 10 working days from the day your application is received. However, if you fill out your free and reduced application form online, it usually takes much less time. So read the instructions and call 469-302-6363 if you have any questions at all.

What income is counted in determining eligibility for free and reduced price meals?
In accordance with the Department of Agriculture’s policy as provided in the Food and Nutrition Service publication Eligibility Guidance for School Meals Manual, “income,” as the term is used in this Notice, means income before any taxes, Social Security taxes, insurance premiums, charitable contributions and bonds. It includes the following:

  • Monetary compensation for services, including wages, salary, commissions or fees
  • Net income from non-farm self-employment
  • Net income from farm self–employment
  • Social security Dividends or interest on savings or bonds or income from estates or trusts
  • Net rental income
  • Public assistance or welfare payments
  • Unemployment compensation
  • Government or civilian employee or military retirement, or pensions or veterans payments
  • Private pensions or annuities
  • Alimony or child support payments
  • Regular contributions from persons not living in the household
  • Net royalties
  • Other cash income; includes cash amounts received or withdrawn from any source including savings, investments, trust accounts and other resources that would be available to pay the price of a child’s meal.

Who can I contact if I have questions about my free and reduced meal price application?
Please call us at 469-302-6363. We can answer any questions you may have about filling out the Application form or any other questions throughout the process.

Food and Nutrition Civil Rights and Discrimination Notice

Civil Rights and Discrimination

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

De conformidad con la Ley Federal de Derechos Civiles y los reglamentos y políticas de derechos civiles del Departamento de Agricultura de los EE. UU. (USDA, por sus siglas en inglés), se prohíbe que el USDA, sus agencias, oficinas, empleados e instituciones que participan o administran programas del USDA discriminen sobre la base de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o en represalia o venganza por actividades previas de derechos civiles en algún programa o actividad realizados o financiados por el USDA.

Las personas con discapacidades que necesiten medios alternativos para la comunicación de la información del programa (por ejemplo, sistema Braille, letras grandes, cintas de audio, lenguaje de señas americano, etc.), deben ponerse en contacto con la agencia (estatal o local) en la que solicitaron los beneficios. Las personas sordas, con dificultades de audición o discapacidades del habla pueden comunicarse con el USDA por medio del Federal Relay Service [Servicio Federal de Retransmisión] al (800) 877-8339. Además, la información del programa se puede proporcionar en otros idiomas.

Para presentar una denuncia de discriminación, complete el Formulario de Denuncia de Discriminación del Programa del USDA, (AD-3027) que está disponible en línea en: y en cualquier oficina del USDA, o bien escriba una carta dirigida al USDA e incluya en la carta toda la información solicitada en el formulario. Para solicitar una copia del formulario de denuncia, llame al (866) 632-9992. Haga llegar su formulario lleno o carta al USDA por: (1) correo: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; o (3) correo electrónico:

Esta institución es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.

How to Register a Complaint with MISD

In addition to the above detailed option to submit a complaint to the USDA, you have the option to submit a complaint to either the McKinney ISD food service department or the Texas Department of Agriculture. The McKinney ISD Food Service Department takes very seriously any allegations of discrimination. Discrimination of any kind based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, or a disability will not be tolerated. Complaints may be submitted in person, written, or verbal; complaints may also be submitted directly to the TDA (Texas Department of Agriculture). To register a complaint, you may speak with one of our team members: the cafeteria manager, area supervisor, or the director of operations, who may be reached at 469-302-6363. Our team member will listen to the concern and answer any questions or offer clarification; there is also a form available here, or is available from the cafeteria manager and at our food service office. If the form is used, please include information on how the complaint was made (whether in person, in writing, or verbally) and the name of the person who received the complaint, as well as whether they transcribed the complaint from the person registering it. If a food service staff member denies the need to forward the complaint on to the TDA, please let either the Food Service leadership or TDA know. The completed complaint form can be delivered either to the Food Service Director at the food service offices at 510 W. Heard Street, McKinney, TX 75069, who in turn will then forward it to the TDA at PO Box 12847, Austin, TX 78711-2847, or forms may also be sent directly to the TDA at that address.

Como Rejistrar una Queja con MISD

Además de la opción detallada anterior para presentar una queja ante el USDA, tiene la opción de presentar una queja ante el departamento de servicio de alimentos de McKinney ISD o el Departamento de Agricultura de Texas. El Departamento de Servicio de Alimentos de McKinney ISD toma muy en serio cualquier denuncia de discriminación. No se tolerará discriminación de ningún tipo por motivos de raza, color, nacionalidad, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Las quejas pueden presentarse en persona, por escrito o verbalmente; las quejas también pueden presentarse directamente al TDA (Departamento de Agricultura de Texas). Para registrar una queja, puede hablar con uno de los miembros de nuestro equipo: el gerente de la cafetería, el supervisor de área o el director de operaciones, al que puede llamar al 469-302-6363. El miembro de nuestro equipo escuchará la inquietud y responderá cualquier pregunta u ofrecerá una aclaración; también hay una forma aquí, disponible para registrar una queja, que también está disponible con el gerente de la cafetería y en nuestra oficina de servicio de alimentos. Si se utiliza la forma, incluya información sobre cómo se presentó la queja (ya sea en persona, por escrito o verbalmente) y el nombre de la persona que recibió la queja, así como si la transcribió de la persona que la registró. Si un miembro del personal del servicio de alimentos niega la necesidad de enviar la queja al TDA, infórmeselo a los líderes del Servicio de Alimentos o al TDA. La forma de queja completo se puede enviar al Director de Servicio de Alimentos de las oficinas de servicio de alimentos en 510 Heard Street, McKinney, TX 75069, quien a cambio lo enviará al TDA en PO Box 12847, Austin, TX 78711-2847, o los formularios también se pueden enviar directamente a la TDA a esa dirección.

Need Help?

If you need additional assistance with the content on this page, please contact McKinney ISD team member Pilar Gilabert-Barrera by phone at 469-302-6364 or by email here .