All new substitutes are required to complete the new substitute orientation within 7 days of official notification.
Step 1: New Substitute Orientation Online Presentation
Click here to access the New Substitute Orientation Presentation. (approximately 1 hour)
Step 2: Reporting Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect
All school personnel are required to complete Reporting Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect training.
Complete the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services’ Reporting Suspected Abuse or Neglect of a Child training http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Training/Reporting/.
Submit the Certificate of Completion to email@example.com.
Step 3: Contact the substitute office to schedule your in-house orientation.
Step 4: Required Documents
To expedite the process, complete the following documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the McKinney ISD HR Substitute Office at #1 Duvall Street, McKinney, TX 75069. All documents must be received prior to in-house orientation.
- Confidentiality of Certain Personal Employee Information
- DFPS – Reporting Suspected Abuse or Neglect of a Child Certificate
- Direct Deposit Form – (Optional)
- Form W-4
- Medical Insurance Declination
- Substitute Job Description
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy Agreement
- Click here to access and print the new substitute documents.
- Click here to access and print Form W-4.
- Click here to access and print the direct deposit form.
Step 5: New Substitute In-house Orientation
What to bring:
- Click here to access Form I-9 Instructions.
- Click here to access and print Form I-9.
- Identification documents – Required to complete Form I-9 (See Form I-9 for list of acceptable documents.)
- Proof of Education – Completed new substitute forms, if not previously emailed to email@example.com (See Step 4 above for details.)
- Official college transcript (copy of high school diploma or official high school transcript, if non-degreed)
Questions about the new substitute process may be directed to the Human Resources department at 469-302-4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org