Employment FAQs


How do I know if my application file is complete?

An online application must be submitted into our database. The following documents must be uploaded with your application:

  • Resume
  • College transcript or high school diploma/GED
  • Educator certificate, if applicable

Additional documents required to complete Substitute application file:

  • Three letters of recommendation

You may view your application documents by logging in to your application and selecting the Check Application Status option.

When will I be interviewed?
Campus administrators will review completed applications. While McKinney ISD has an open interview policy, not all applicants will be interviewed. Applicants chosen for interviews will be notified by the administrator.
How long will my application file be kept active?

Complete online applications remain active for six months from the date of submission. It is the applicant's responsibility to update their application with any changes.

I already have an online application. How do I make changes to it or complete an additional type of application (i.e., administrative, professional, paraprofessional, auxiliary, substitute)?

You may update your online application at any time. Select Application Process from the column on the right of this page. You may then start the online application process. Enter your User ID and your password to log into your application. If you have forgotten your password, select "Forgot your password?" on the application log in screen and follow the prompts. The system will email it to you. If you need assistance with this process, contact Human Resources at 469-302-4117 or application@mckinneyisd.net. After you have logged in, you may select which type of application you would like to complete.

I am a teacher applicant who just graduated, and though I have applied for a teaching certificate, I will not receive it for some weeks. Will my application be considered incomplete until you receive my teaching certificate?
No, we will consider your application complete if you include a letter from your university or organization recommending you for a teaching certificate to the state agency responsible for teacher certification.
I am out-of-state certified. What do I need to do to get Texas Certified?

A newly hired out-of-state teacher is issued a one-year Texas certificate at the levels and areas certifiable in Texas. The teacher then has up to 12 months from the date of employment to take and pass the appropriate TEXES exams. Application for a one-year certificate is permissible at any time before employment, but must be made within 30 days after the date of employment. The Certification Division of Texas Education Agency at 1-512-936-8400 can answer any questions you may have or provide you with information. Please review the Teacher Certification page for a more details regarding Texas certification.

I am receiving an error message when I try to upload my documents. How do I proceed?

The application system will only accept documents which are 6 megabytes or smaller.  Your document may be too large.  You may convert Word documents to PDF by using the document converter feature located on the Supporting Documents page of the application.

I cannot submit my application because my documents will not upload. How do I proceed?

Applications may be submitted without uploading documents.  Log back in to your online application and when you get to the supporting documents page, scroll to the bottom and select Continue.  However, failure to upload documents will delay the application process.  Review the tips for uploading documents on the supporting documents page of the application.

Where do I send my official college transcript?

Official college transcripts may be mailed to Human Resources at #1 Duvall Street, McKinney, Texas 75069.  All other application documents must be uploaded through the application system.

May I take Gallup’s TeacherInsight again?

Per The Gallup Organization, the TeacherInsight may be completed every 12 months for a school district.  If you completed the assessment more than 12 months ago for our school district, you will be prompted to complete it again upon successful submission of your professional application.

How can I delete old documents from my application file?

Documents which are included in your application file remain on file.  When new documents are included in the application file, they appear in date order.  Therefore, the most recent documents appear first.

My documents are not in English; will McKinney accept these documents?

We cannot accept documents which are not in English. They must be translated by an accredited translator in order to be included in your application file. Here are two organizations which provide translation services:
International Academic Credential Evaluator, Inc. 940-383-7498
Inlingua 972-248-4496

How do I apply for a specific McKinney ISD job opening?

To apply for specific jobs via the Job Postings page, you must have already completed and submitted the McKinney ISD on-line application for the job category for which you are currently applying (Administrative, Auxiliary, Certified/Professional, Paraprofessional or Substitute). After you have submitted the appropriate application, you may revisit the corresponding job posting.  For example, to apply for a teacher job posting, you must first submit the Certified application. To apply for a specific job posting, click on Login location in the middle of the job posting page.  Enter your application User ID and Password.  You will be returned to the job posting main page or the job posting detail page; click on To apply for this job click here.  When you have successfully applied for the job posting, the link will change to: You have successfully applied for this job.